2019 PACTESP Professional Awards Nomination Application
SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS AND DIRECTIONS
OUTSTANDING CAREER AND TECHNICAL SPECIAL NEEDS TEACHER OR TEACHER/PARAEDUCATOR TEAM OF THE YEARNominee Criteria: This category is intended to recognize a classroom teacher, job placement coordinator or a team of one teacher and one paraeducator working with identified special needs students in career and technical education programming. No other dual nomination will be accepted. University professors, administrators or guidance personnel are not eligible. Nominees must be current PACTESP members.
DIRECT CAREER AND TECHNICAL SPECIAL NEEDS SUPPORT PERSON OF THE YEARNominee Criteria: This category is intended to recognize administrative or non-classroom persons who have made a major contribution to the development and/or growth of career and technical special needs education. Nominees must be current PACTESP members. Nominees in this category could include:
- Local/area administrators of career and technical education special needs programs
- State administrators of career and technical education special needs programs
- Career and technical education special needs support personnel, counselors, teacher educators
INDIRECT PROVIDER OF MAJOR SUPPORT SERVICES AND CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE FIELD OF CAREER AND TECHNICAL SPECIAL NEEDS EDUCATION
- Private employer
- Advisory committee member
- State or local legislator
- Individual who has been exceptionally supportive of career and technical special needs education
- Local school district administrator
- Any PACTESP member may submit one or more nominations.
- Nominators must be current PACTESP members.
- Each of the five sections in the nomination application must be answered in the space provided.
- Three separate letters of recommendation must be submitted for each nomination.
SUBMITTING LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATIONLetters of recommendation can be attached to the electronic application. If files cannot be attached electronically, letters of recommendation can be mailed or emailed along with a copy of the submitted electronic application to:
SUN Area Technical Institute
815 Market Street
New Berlin, PA 17855
Each nomination application must be submitted by FEBRUARY 1, 2019. A confirmation email with a PDF of the completed application will be sent to the nominator.