Plan Of Work
Plan Of Work
GOAL 1: To continue the concept of professional growth and recognition of association members and students.
- Encourage members to participate in professional growth activities.
- Recommend appointments to state, regional and national committees.
- Conduct professional conferences with educational exhibits where appropriate.
- Present innovative and pertinent programs at workshops/conference.
- Inform members of available workshops/conferences.
- Establish cooperative programs with other related organizations and groups.
- Assist classroom teachers and paraeducators with information and resources to meet the needs of the special population student.
- Enhanced networking – regional contacts, website, e-mail, etc.
- Classroom resources – IEP/transition packet, specially designed instruction, positive behavior support and other relevant topics.
- Conduct awards and recognition programs.
- Conduct student Life/Work Challenge Award program and luncheon.
- Conduct professional award program by encouraging nominations and presenting awards.
- Provide publicity for award winners.
GOAL 2: To improve methods of communication with other associations and memberships.
- Market the Association in the most technologically advanced manner.
- Establish and maintain a web page for member use. Establish and maintain a blog for member use.
- Publish newsletter.
- Continue publication of newsletter.
- Solicit information and news for articles.
- Encourage and promote writing of articles.
- Reinforce PACTESP‘s relationship with ACTE and PA-ACTE, PEN, etc.
- Maintain on-going contact with all related associations.
GOAL 3: To increase membership of state association and improve services to members.
- Maintain and increase PACTESP membership.
- Prepare and distribute membership renewals.
- Contact all delinquent members.
- Provide information to new and prospective members. Provide regional representation.
- Promote the association at all related conferences, meetings, etc.
- Maintain a supply of promotional materials.
GOAL 4: To encourage the involvement of PACTESP in supporting special needs concerns and to respond as an active, not reactive, association.
- Ensure members are informed about state and national matters. Respond to federal and state concerns (letters, telephone, hearings, e-mail).
- Disseminate information from the organization to membership via newsletter, mailings, e-mail and/or telephone.
- Continue lines of communication with the Pennsylvania Department of Education.
- Bureau of Career and Technical Education
- Bureau of Special Education